ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked “CUSTOMER WAITING”.
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as required
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management
- Honda Fort St. John reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be a fully licensed Technician with RedSeal certification.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment.
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license, and ability to provide clean drivers abstract for review.
Education Requirements: Red Seal Certification (or equivalent)
Language of Work: This position requires the applicant to be certified as a Licensed Technician with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of dealership manufacture work experience, inclusive of their apprenticeship.
Benefits: Health and Dental benefits available after 3 months probation. Five Day work week. Competitive wages and paid training.
Motorcycle/Small Engine Technician
Honda Fort St John is looking for a motorcycle/small engine technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, efficient, a team player and help us maintain industry-leading levels of service and quality. Benefits include: Health and Dental after 3 months probation, a year-round indoor work environment, and competitive wages, and paid training.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Repair and Maintenance
- PDI of new products
- Warranty Repairs
- Diagnostic Work
- Maintaining a clean work area
- 1+ year of motorcycle repair and or power sports/power equipment experience is an asset.
- Apprentice Mechanic (we are willing to assist with education)
- Valid Motorcycle License
- Valid Drivers License
We offer competitive wages, an all-year indoor work environment, and benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
Lead Parts Person
Honda Fort St John is looking for a full time permanent Lead Parts Person to join our busy team immediately
- Take and order retail parts orders
- Take and order wholesale parts orders
- Replenish inventory daily
- Assist service technicians in selecting parts needed for repairs in process
- Set up orders for shipment
- General housekeeping in parts department, including maintaining bin locations
- Assist service department when required
- Attend and complete necessary training courses
- Inspect incoming parts for defects and damage.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of two years experience as a parts advisor. Experience preferred but not required, we are willing to training the right person.
Honda Fort St John offers competitive wages and flexible benefits, employee pricing on parts and service and vehicle purchases, and in house and factory training.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift