ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked “CUSTOMER WAITING”.
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as required
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management
- Honda Fort St. John reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be a fully licensed Technician with RedSeal certification.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment.
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license, and ability to provide clean drivers abstract for review.
Education Requirements: Red Seal Certification (or equivalent)
Language of Work: This position requires the applicant to be certified as a Licensed Technician with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of dealership manufacture work experience, inclusive of their apprenticeship.
Benefits: Health and Dental benefits available after 3 months probation. Five Day work week. Competitive wages and paid training.